Tru-Stone and Amboyna Sapwood Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vwa3guy

vwa3guy

I am really pleased with this one. It's a simple stack segment but I just love how the colors play with eachother and more importantly, This is the highest end pen I've turned yet and I didn't blow it up! I want to thank John "JTtheclockman" for his advice while assembling the blanks. I started with CA and aluminum segments and no matter what I tried it just kept falling apart. I've never used epoxy in segmenting yet but John said to go for it and well..... just look!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ryan, I know I had mentioned this to you already but great job with the entire project. That type kit screams a beautiful blank and to me tru-stone is some of the nicest material we use. Be proud of that one and continue on. You now know you can do it. Thanks for showing.

vwa3guy

Thanks a lot John! I've been following your work since I found IAP and you're like the pen turning Jedi so it means a lot!

jttheclockman

Thanks a lot John! I've been following your work since I found IAP and you're like the pen turning Jedi so it means a lot!

Oh boy that is going to wake some people up:)

I will say this there are many many better pen makers here than I but i will always try to help whenever I can. I know I keep saying this but life just keeps jumping in my way. I will return to the shop and hopefully come up with something new. Keep those lathes spinning.:)

jttheclockman

He's a what??? :biggrin: Nice segmenting work!

That is it Chuck. Come on buddy you can do better than that. Where in the world is the other guy half way around the world??? He has been way too quiet. Scares me. :eek: Maybe he is on some tropical island somewhere.:island:

Krash

Wow, that is a fantastic looking pen. Very classy. I love the true stone/wood combo!

Oh ... and BTW, at least one of the Jedi's went to the dark side. Just sayin' ;^)

Last edited:

magpens

Ryan, that pen just radiates "class" !!!! . Very well done !!!! . Emperor is my choice too !

vwa3guy

thanks everyone!

Mal, mine too now that I've done a couple. the wallet doesn't think that I should make it my new preferred pen however! haha

Top Bottom