Tru Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

A Jr. Gent and a Jr Statesman. I can't remember what the blanks are called :redface: If anyone recognizes them please let me know. Thanks :biggrin:

The blanks are all from Richard at randbcrafts

1_JG-RB-R-0001.jpg

1_JS-RB-RG-0004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gomeral

They are both gorgeous, but that second one has me drooling over the blank...have to find me one of them. :)

daniel

Wow! Excellent job on some gorgeous pens. I really like both blanks, the white one is a stunner! I'm curious on what Tru-stone is like to turn. I've got some small samples of Tru-stone that were throw-ins on a blnk purchase some time ago. (They might be Corian come to think of it.)

VisExp

I'm curious on what Tru-stone is like to turn. I've got some small samples of Tru-stone that were throw-ins on a blnk purchase some time ago. (They might be Corian come to think of it.)

Greg, I'd guess you have corian. No-one has ever "thrown in" some tru stone on any order I've made :biggrin:

I haven't turned much TruStone and I was a bit nervous the first time I did. I'd read all sorts of stories about how hard it was, and how you had to sharpen your tools a bunch of times while turning it etc. To be honest I think most of that is a bit over blown. It really isn't that bad at all. A little harder than PR, but with a less brittle feel. I enjoy turning it. You should give it a try, it really makes for some stunning pens, plus you don't have to mess with coloring the tubes or the inside of the blank :biggrin:

Top Bottom