Tru Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ladycop322

ladycop322

I just finished this for a client. It is blue lapis tru stone with gold veining. I am somewhat disappointed because you cannot see the gold veins.

Comments/Critiques welcome :)

Attachments

• trustone.jpg
    trustone.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 460
  • trustone2.jpg
    trustone2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 326
  • truestone3.jpg
    truestone3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 400
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

I've turned several that had very little veigning after being turned. I haven't turned any of it in two or three years because of that problem.

ladycop322

I heard from the seller, who offered to cut me a different piece to see if that one would work or the to refund my money. I think I would rather try another piece....woot woot...can't wait.

jsolie

Medium lapis? I've turned a little bit of that and the gold veining has never looked like the photos. It was present (sort of), just not terribly prominent. Your pen looks really nice.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I see, I bring something humor up and get personal attacks from it. Nice to see things have not changed on IAP.

Ed... 3 points:
1) if you see a personal attack, use the yellow triangle
2) what you see as humor, others may see as an insult - in this case it appears you compared the OP to a pizza.. be VERY careful of your wording.
3) For you last remark - if you don't like it on IAP, no one is forcing you to post.

Dean
Asst Mod.

edstreet

I see, I bring something humor up and get personal attacks from it. Nice to see things have not changed on IAP.

Ed... 3 points:
1) if you see a personal attack, use the yellow triangle
2) what you see as humor, others may see as an insult - in this case it appears you compared the OP to a pizza.. be VERY careful of your wording.
3) For you last remark - if you don't like it on IAP, no one is forcing you to post.

Dean
Asst Mod.

Not even close on #2. The remark is a long standing quote in the photography world and it means that being a professional photographer is a very hard field as for income wise. Other fields have similar remarks or even the same remark. It's also not me that see's it as humor but a large population.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Well Michelle lack of gold lines and all I like the blank better than I do the pen kit so I think the final product is greatly improved by that blank. I do hope you wanted honest opinions.

BradG

With a bit of luck the next blank will have a few more veins in ;) Guess it's pretty hit & miss until you turn them.

avbill

Michelle

Try-Stone are one of my best selling groups. The gold viewing in the deep blue lapis gives the blank a very expensively quality, its like the black onyx. My targeted clientele likes that look. I take the blank through a finishing process that I learned from a jeweler, and the barrel sparklers

mrrichieboy

I turn lots of Tru-stone....the lapis has always been the most difficult for me to get a good finish on it and to get the details to stand out. Thought it was just me!!! Still a very nice job!---Rich

ladycop322

Ed (Classic Nib), I agree about the choice of kit, but that is what the client wanted :)

Larry, I sand using 320 grit to 600 then wet sand to 12000 finishing with Novus 2 polish

carlmorrell

I have used the blue lapis tru-stone a few times and was always disappointed. I would prefer the gold veining to be more prominent, otherwise it's just a blue blank.

I have one in my "inventory", has been sitting there a few months, and to be honest, I don't even feel like taking the time to turn it.

IMO, on the other hand, the white, black and red with gold matrix is some of the prettiest I have turned and never disappointed.

SteveJ

yes the veins are very very slight and i am a professional photographer and know how to photograph thanks

Michelle

I think you may have been referring to my comment - I regret that my wording made it appear that I was insulting your photography skills. I meant to be agreeing with you that the veins can't been seen.

I apologize for the unintended insult. I believe it is a beautiful pen as it appears in the photos, but would probably be even more beautiful if the veining was more pronounced.

Hope the next one turns out better and that you post picture of it as well.

Top Bottom