Trophy Pen Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
I got into pen turning to be able to spruce up my working dog stuff...the addicting part caught me totally unawares! :eek:

Anyway, first pic post...and, yeah, I know, the photography stinks! 6th pen since I started on Jan 3rd...got an order for 18 trophies the next day and told them I'd add a pen to the Champ trophy...that turned into a pen and pencil set. The championship is tomorrow.

Kits are platinum tn sierras, a pen and click pencil. Both are spalted hackberry to match the base of the trophy, with a piece of black walnut burl added to the pen. MM to 12,000 and CA finished.

The pen was an exercise both in how NOT to do things and then how to FIX things when you ought not have done them! But it turned out okay, I guess. Really like the pencil! :rolleyes:

I can think of several things I could've done better, but I look forward to your learned comments as well!

Thx!

Lee aka KiltedGunn

Attachments

• 09 SCR Champ Trophy & Pen Set 1.jpg
    09 SCR Champ Trophy & Pen Set 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 09 SCR Champ Trophy & Pen Set 2.jpg
    09 SCR Champ Trophy & Pen Set 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 298
  • 09 SCR Champ Pencil Close 1.jpg
    09 SCR Champ Pencil Close 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 09 SCR Champ Pen Close 1.jpg
    09 SCR Champ Pen Close 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stoneman

Lee,

Great looking pen & pencil & nice trophy stand as well.

Of course you know that is some fine pen making material you have the pens resting on in the 3rd & 4th photos? :biggrin:

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

And, yeah, Steve...that's exactly why I grabbed that rack at a dog trial two weeks ago (it was used as a prop for the trial and not needed after that, so I told them I'd get rid of it for them! :wink:)

Ken, looking at your website, I'd say you've got the photography thing down pretty well :) At least yours aren't yellow! :redface:

Mike, there's still time to enter the trial! In fact, one of the trophies is designated for the high Auslander! :biggrin:

Thx, Lee

Top Bottom