Trophy Bass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

My wife was snoring last night..she has the cold now. So, I went to the shop at 1:15 am, and at 9:15 am, this is what I emerged with. :biggrin:

I dug into my tacklebox and cut up my favorite Bass fishing lure. I ground the points down a bit on the triple hook so they aren't super sharp. I used the spinner as a clip and it does work although it's more for decoration. I removed the bundle of rubber strands and painstakingly put them back together on to the bottom of the pen. Finished size of the pen is 1/4 inch longer than a JR kit. Uses a #7 Bach nib and converter.

Trophybass1.jpg

Trophybass2.jpg

trophybass3.jpg

Trophybass4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks guys. I thought it was as good as any Englishman could build..but it's lookin like I better try again.

Yesterday, my youngest son and I went to Cardiff to watch SA slaughter Wales at the rugby, so I didn't see this till now.( been back about an hour):wink:

Contrary to the amount of comments, I believe this is at least as good as any Englishman could make. :wink: It is obviously beautifully made and shows a great amount artistic flare. I love the entire pen and it's theme.

Jeff, please don't be dissapointed. Peoples taste is a strange thing. I've made several pens where I've thought it was really cool and it has taken me weeks to make, only to see that not everyone shared my views on them. One of my favourite pens got 3 comments and one of them was mine!!:redface: We all enjoy a pat on the back now and then from our penmaking peers, and I'm certainly no different, but in reality the only person that needs to love it, is the recipient. :)

workinforwood

Contrary to the amount of comments, I believe this is at least as good as any Englishman could make. :wink: It is obviously beautifully made and shows a great amount artistic flare. I love the entire pen and it's theme.

Jeff, please don't be dissapointed. Peoples taste is a strange thing. I've made several pens where I've thought it was really cool and it has taken me weeks to make, only to see that not everyone shared my views on them. One of my favourite pens got 3 comments and one of them was mine!!:redface: We all enjoy a pat on the back now and then from our penmaking peers, and I'm certainly no different, but in reality the only person that needs to love it, is the recipient. :)

Yea..you are right Steve. I still think it's the best fishing pen ever made. I wouldn't dare try unless it meant life or death, but I actually think that if I re-sharpened the hooks and tied on to the end of the pen that I most likely could pull a bass from the pond next door with this pen. :)

PenPal

Jeff,

I am hooked on your Bass Relief (photographers type as well) Looking deeply into the pen I can see it is not at all along the lines of any pen I have seen before with interest at every turn understanding some of the incredible detail you went about creating.

You amaze me and I agree with Skippy in that the final impact rests with the receiver if it be yourself or a fortunate non pen maker.

When I was a young Apprentice Electrician I was shocked when working in a Catholic Convent to learn one of the meagre possessions the Nuns were allowed at that time in the 1950,s was a device that actually was used to flagellate the back for what reason I could only imagine to compensate for some perceived sin. Pen makers sometimes must feel they must suffer and do as has been said in the making of their masterpieces or creations. Some
members take apon themselves to perpetually "observe" and report on tiny observations on fit and or colour or banding on private predudices.

Please continue to amaze and delight, see past the norm search for your personal ideals be aware there are countless members on this forum who support you I am one.

Kind regards Peter.

ctubbs

Jeff, one question, what are all you creative people on? I would never have thought of trying something so way cool. My imagination is so lacking, all I can do is try to make a feeble copy of your masterpieces. Thank you so much for giving me some inspiration. by the way, let your wife snore all she wants to if that is what gives yo the inspiration to thing "outside the tackle box". Great pen and amazing idea.
Charles

Top Bottom