troop pens made by center for the blind

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbwertz

sbwertz

Here is the first batch of service pens made by the turners at center for the blind. We are going to take a couple of the turners and deliver some of them to the local VA hospital.

15%2B-%2B1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Unfortunately, the VA hospital here in Phoenix was not receptive to our coming and giving pens to their patients. So I am sending them to IAP this year. I did give 15 of them to one of our volunteers who works with the local chaper of Wounded Warriors for the soldiers she is working with.

If any of you want to donate kits for service pens, Andi is starting a service pen turning project at the Tampa center for the blind, as well. You can read about her here, and send her a PM if you can help.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/woodturning-blind-131810/

Sharon

sbwertz

Where to send troop pens?

I've been waiting to hear from someone as to where to send these pens that the center for the blind have made. We gave 15 of them to a local veterans' organization, but I still have almost fifty pens to send.

It was too late to send them last year, but I haven't heard anything about this year.

Woodnick43

Unfortunately, the VA hospital here in Phoenix was not receptive to our coming and giving pens to their patients. So I am sending them to IAP this year. I did give 15 of them to one of our volunteers who works with the local chaper of Wounded Warriors for the soldiers she is working with.

If any of you want to donate kits for service pens, Andi is starting a service pen turning project at the Tampa center for the blind, as well. You can read about her here, and send her a PM if you can help.

Sharon
Sharon:
I can't find the words to express my dissipointment for the reception you experienced,you and your fine group of turners received at the VA Hospital. You and your turners produced some fine pens and it is a shame they were rejected. The patients would have been glad to receive them and seeing that someone cares about them, what possible harm could come from excepting the items.
Please thank yourself and your turners for the thought and for their fine work!!

sbwertz

Sharon
Sharon:
I can't find the words to express my dissipointment for the reception you experienced,you and your fine group of turners received at the VA Hospital. You and your turners produced some fine pens and it is a shame they were rejected. The patients would have been glad to receive them and seeing that someone cares about them, what possible harm could come from excepting the items.
Please thank yourself and your turners for the thought and for their fine work!!

As you know, the Phoenix VA hospital got some really bad press due to poor management (they finally fired the director). I think they were just in such upheaval that they didn't want to deal with us. They were short handed (a LOT of people were fired or quit). Anyway, their loss is a gain for the active duty soldiers who will get them.

I just don't know where to send them.

Top Bottom