Triton Rollerball Turquois Acrylester

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

Hi Folks!

Finished this one yesterday. I also confirmed (at least with my sets of bushings) that Berea's 30A bushings are the same as the Jr. Gent II's.

Happy turning and enjoy the extended weekend.

Attachments

• Triton Rollerball Turq Acrylester.jpg
    Triton Rollerball Turq Acrylester.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Beautiful pen, Tony. I love the Triton kit.

Thanks for the note on the bushings. For some reason we have the bottom 30A bushing 0.001 larger in the charts & app. It may be an error, but even if correct, it's certainly not enough to matter. I'll check with Wayne to see if we might want to update that.

TonyL

Thanks for the note on the bushings. For some reason we have the bottom 30A
bushing 0.001 larger in the charts & app. It may be an error, but even if
correct, it's certainly not enough to matter. I'll check with Wayne to see if we
might want to update that.

I would trust the app over my observations. I always turn slight proud of the bushing with a slight radius toward the hardware. The dimensions are less critical for me. I am sure the app is correct.

Thanks for the compliments all. And yes, I find acrylester, inlace, and rhinoplastic (?) to polish well and take on a beautiful shine.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Beautiful pen, Tony. I love the Triton kit.

Thanks for the note on the bushings. For some reason we have the bottom 30A bushing 0.001 larger in the charts & app. It may be an error, but even if correct, it's certainly not enough to matter. I'll check with Wayne to see if we might want to update that.

Edgar, I can tell you with certainty that any measurements I supplied could vary by .001". When measuring with a digital caliper, I rotate the bushing and the measurement will frequently change by a thousandth or two. So, consider the margin of error to be + or - .0015"

Ed

KenV

Nice work with a challenging material.

Thanks for introducing the discussion of tolerances and measurements. Calipers are hard pressed to handle 0.001 measurements, especially after being dropped or slammed around a few times.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen Tony. I also like that kit and you did well with the blank.

I also appreciate the comments about measurements and calipers - excellent points.

Talltim

Very nicely done. The Triton looks like a solid component set.

If you were to rate it's feel and quality, in your opinion, where would you say it falls in the Jr gent- jr statesman area. Perhaps there is a better compatible.

Beautiful pen Tony. Those aren't the easiest blanks to turn, but they polish wonderfully, as yours did. And what's not to like about the Triton? It's my favorite kit in that price range.

TonyL

If you were to rate its feel and quality, in your opinion, where would you
say it falls in the Jr gent- jr statesman area. Perhaps there is a better
compatible

I never made/purchased a statesman, so I can't compare. I would place it slightly above the standard Jr Gent II, but below the Citizen. I would not put the Triton in the same class as the Jr. George, Anthony, etc., but of course the Triton is a fraction of the cost. Naturally, this just my opinion and I wouldn't disagree with anyone else's.

I have always managed to make the Berea kits work, and there was no trouble with this one. However, I have experienced some poorly fitting and sized parts over the last 12 months (from double-barreled kits I bought 12 months ago and have turned them over the last year). Either they are not matching the parts correctly, packaging the wrong parts, etc.. Perhaps, my experience is limited to me or has since been corrected. I hope that is the case.

Not to get off on more of a tangent, but I have has several female customers buy the Triton (BP and RB) which is why I used the turq.- colored material (to appeal to all). I would have thought it too big - proving I know nothing. This will go into my inventory of pens to sell.

Last edited:

Talltim

I meant to say, nice picture as well. That is an area that I need to improve. It does little good to have a nice product if you can't present it well.

Not to get off on more of a tangent, but I have has several female customers buy the Triton (BP and RB) which is why I used the turq.- colored material (to appeal to all). I would have thought it too big - proving I know nothing. This will go into my inventory of pens to sell.

Some of the ladies at my job like the Triton too. It's lighter and a little shorter than say a Majestic Jr, so they still get a rollerball without the extra heft.

Top Bottom