Triton RB in green & violet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TattooedTurner

Just finished this Triton as a gift for another MA at the clinic. I cast the blank using Silmar 41, an unknown shade of green mica, violet mica, and also dark green dye. I'm happy with the effect I got. Too bad my complete lack of photography skills doesn't show the true nature of the colors when held in hand. Thanks for looking.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That is a very beautiful pen, Jay .... Congratulations !!!!!

You have done a fine job of casting AND turning AND finishing ....

... AND your photography is very good also ... dont knock it :) !!!

Last edited:

bpgoldo

Jay, you clearly know style, class, and elegance. Great depth and color with the blank. You pour a real sharp blank! Very nice execution all around. Now I am gonna have to try a few Triton pens. You cost me man!

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm very happy with how the blank turned out, I had no idea it would look like this until I started cutting into it. I've narrowed the unknown green mica down to grass and candy apple green. I forgot to mention I backpainted the blank with black Tamiya acrylic model spray paint. I don't bother to paint the tubes, the paint does a great job staying adhered to the blank when epoxying the tubes in. Overall I'm quite satisfied with the kit and have already started another.

Top Bottom