Triton RB Chrome/UpGold Accents Dressed in a Watch Part Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I got the blank for this pen from Roy (OAKLAHOMAN) last year at the MAPG. Things being as they were last year with the problems with my foot I put it aside and almost forgot about it. When I got the barrel trimmers to do my Steampunk pen I thought it was time to do this one. I kits is a Triton RB Chrome/Upgold Accents. I but wasn't sure as to what plating to get for this kit but I think I made the right choice. This was a fun project to make, seeing the blank get clearer with each grit of micro mesh until the real beauty of the blank came through. I think this will be another carry pen until someone makes me an offer I cant refuse. All C & C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Very nicely done, Dan. Hmmm? Make you an offer you can't refuse or you sleep with the fishes?

The Triton kit works very well with the blank.

magpens

Yup, you made the right choice of pen kit, Dan ..... looks gorgeous !!! I'd like to know who the maker of the blank is, if you know, please.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks John and Mal for those wonder comments. Mal if you sent Roy (OAKLAHOMAN) of the Classic Nib a PM and ask him who made the watch part blank he sold at the 2014 MAPG I know he could tell you. I'm not sure but he might sell them on his sight.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I got the blank for this pen from Roy (OAKLAHOMAN) last year at the MAPG. Things being as they were last year with the problems with my foot I put it aside and almost forgot about it. When I got the barrel trimmers to do my Steampunk pen I thought it was time to do this one. I kits is a Triton RB Chrome/Upgold Accents. I but wasn't sure as to what plating to get for this kit but I think I made the right choice. This was a fun project to make, seeing the blank get clearer with each grit of micro mesh until the real beauty of the blank came through. I think this will be another carry pen until someone makes me an offer I cant refuse. All C & C are welcome.
Well Dan, if my pen can't remain on the front page, yours is a very worthy replacement! Nice going!

Roy has some great blanks. I only wish the CDN $ exchange was more favorable as well as the mailing costs to Canada. Both of those things place many supplies that come from the US out of my comfort zone!

Sataro

Great looking pen Dan! Really like the pen plating you went with. I think that gold band gives it that extra little touch to set it off.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow Thanks Mark James, Mark C and Billy for those awesome comment's. Mark C thanks for feeling my pen was front page worthy.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you va mere for your nice comment. Great idea for the pen....maybe I should call the Smithsonian or The Louver to see what they say.

Tom T

Yes sir it looks very cool. The kit was perfect. The gold color gives it a nice off set color and makes the whole pen really pop. Great turn.

wob50

Yes great looking pen, these watch part blanks are growing on me fast. There right about the gold ban it lights it up. GREAT job

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks a lot MikeL, Tom T and Robert for the wonderful comment's. I do want to do a another watch parts pen but I think I'd like to do a Sierra next time.

Top Bottom