Triton FP wearing Amboyna

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt

Hello all!
My first fountain pen! Thanks to Ed at Exotic for his guidance. Used an Amboyna Burl with sapwood blank, the most I have ever spent on a piece of wood. Turned it verrrrry carefully! As always C&C welcome!

Doug

Attachments

• triton3.jpg
    triton3.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 230
  • triton4.jpg
    triton4.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 206
  • triton5.jpg
    triton5.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen.
The Blank is Splendid, and is matched with a great selection in the Triton.
Fit and Finish is Spot On.
If the First Pen is this good, I can't wait for future postings.
Congratulations,
Brian

SteveG

The pen looks great, showing the results of the care taken in turning. The last photo reveals that the finish looks great also. Most here will agree, though, that the photos would be vastly improved simply by removing the distracting "props". I would really like to see your work on this pen without another object in there competing for attention.
Steve

dwarmbrodt

The pen looks great, showing the results of the care taken in turning. The last photo reveals that the finish looks great also. Most here will agree, though, that the photos would be vastly improved simply by removing the distracting "props". I would really like to see your work on this pen without another object in there competing for attention.
Steve
I agree about the props. I have not worked out my lighting array and with a simple pen stand I had pesky shadows.

I would not say that Triton is wearing Amboyna though. I would say that Amboyna is wearing a Triton.. That is one nice piece of wood. You did a great job with it too.

Top Bottom