Triton Caribbean Waters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from qquake

qquake

This is a Triton ballpoint in chrome with gold accent. The blank is a Rhino called Caribbean Waters. This is what I've come to expect from Rhino blanks. Stunning!

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 060.JPG
    060.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Beautiful finish! I noticed on yours what I experienced on mine: the point extends beyond the length that I would like it to. Interestingly, I trim my barrels to where I barely see brass (using a sanding jig). I started leaving a little more barrel. However on the ones I already made, I noticed that the Schmidt 9000M is either slightly shorter than the stock refill or seats higher into the mechanism. I made two for customers and it was bothering me. Fortunately, I replace the stock refills with the Schmidt 9000.

Again...well done!

qquake

Beautiful finish! I noticed on yours what I experienced on mine: the point extends beyond the length that I would like it to. Interestingly, I trim my barrels to where I barely see brass (using a sanding jig). I started leaving a little more barrel. However on the ones I already made, I noticed that the Schmidt 9000M is either slightly shorter than the stock refill or seats higher into the mechanism. I made two for customers and it was bothering me. Fortunately, I replace the stock refills with the Schmidt 9000.

Again...well done!

Yes, I noticed that about the refill in the Triton. I trimmed it until the brass was shiny, like I usually do. Probably a tiny bit deeper than you do. Pictured are the Triton, a Continental (Atrax), and a Kojent. They are all similar size pens, use the same size tubes, and the same bushings. The Triton refill obviously extends slightly farther than the other two. I just double checked, and the other two have Schmidt refills, and the Triton had the stock refill.

I compared the two refills and they look the same length to me. I put a Schmidt refill in the Triton, but it doesn't look much shorter (last pic).

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 108
  • refills01.jpg
    refills01.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 162
  • refills02.jpg
    refills02.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 101
  • refills03.jpg
    refills03.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 88

TonyL

Thanks for sharing the pics. I couldn't find a difference in the length either. Maybe the Schmidts (that I happen to have) sit a little deeper into the mechanism - maybe something with the profile of the plastic end of the refill(?). I don't know, but I switched those refills several times to make sure that I wasn't imagining what I had observed. Anyway, I lucked-out with the two Tritons and Schmidt's. However, next time, I am going to leave another .5 or so mms on the lower barrel.

Thanks again!

TonyL

When really despite and one to keep for yourself, you can trim the plastic part of the refill. :).

Top Bottom