Triton, Amboyna burl, ebony, aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

Segmented with aluminum between ebony and amboyna burl. First time turning between centers. I'll probably be doing it more often. Seems like TBC also makes CA finish a little easier. We'll see. Still experimenting. Still learning the art and finishing seems to be the hardest part for me.

Attachments

• Triton,-amboyna,-ebony,-alum,20130429.jpg
    Triton,-amboyna,-ebony,-alum,20130429.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 478
  • Triton,-amboynal,-ebony,-aluminum20130429.jpg
    Triton,-amboynal,-ebony,-aluminum20130429.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

Thanks for the comments. Many hours are in this pen because I messed the finish up twice. Third attempt turned out OK.

BSea

Finishing ebony is no easy task. It shows everything. I can see why you think finishing is hard. With that pen, it would be. But I think you get an A+ for design, fit, and finish. Not that I'm grading you.:rolleyes:

B Wo

This is a really beautiful pen. Great choice of wood, segmenting material, and hardware. I really like how the aluminum compliments the majority of the hardware, but the gold ring on the cap ties the amboyna together. Very nice to look at.

Good picture, too. What are you using as a background? Is that gray cloth, or a heavy weight paper?

MikeL

Thanks for the great compliments. I was asked about the background of the picture. It is actually just poster board in black matt. I got into the IAP library and read about constructing photo boxes. I literally made the photo box out of a box, tracing paper, and poster board. I use my cell phone for a camera. Kind of a poor man's way of making it work…but it works, so why not. ;o) One day I plan on getting a better camera but not yet.

Hendu3270

Thanks for the great compliments. I was asked about the background of the picture. It is actually just poster board in black matt. I got into the IAP library and read about constructing photo boxes. I literally made the photo box out of a box, tracing paper, and poster board. I use my cell phone for a camera. Kind of a poor man's way of making it work…but it works, so why not. ;o) One day I plan on getting a better camera but not yet.

uh.....from what I see, you should just spend the money on turning supplies, etc. I never would have thought that was a cell phone pic :eek:. I think your camera needs have already been met!!!

Top Bottom