Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johnnycnc

johnnycnc

Here is a new kit, the Triton from Beartooth Woods.
This is a rollerball, the blank is persimmon, a gift from Chuck Hutchings.
Comments of whatever sort welcome, and yeah I know the photos are less than perfect.:biggrin:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice kit, went together well...very similar to the Jr Statesman II.

Thanks for looking!:)

Attachments

• DSCF1512.jpg
    DSCF1512.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 994
  • DSCF1517.jpg
    DSCF1517.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 997
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Dang John, another purty one there. This is the kit I really like. Especially for the price.​

PenMan1

Nice Pen Johnny! This hardwear is my new best friend.

I think the Triton is the kit that will be sayiing the eulogy at the baron's funeral. This looks elegant (no plastic threads), has a very nice weight to it and screams "BUY ME"

seamus7227

Wow! Great Job Johnny, I do believe I'm sold on the pen now! Thanks for posting this one, I'm a big fan of the jr. statesman so I'm sure I will love this kit.

toolcrazy

Nice Pen Johnny! This hardwear is my new best friend.

I think the Triton is the kit that will be sayiing the eulogy at the baron's funeral. This looks elegant (no plastic threads), has a very nice weight to it and screams "BUY ME"

I don't think it will replace the Baron, considering the kit is $10 bucks more. But it will give the Jr. Statesman a run for it's money.

Very nice pen, Jon. Nice work.

johnnycnc

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Bruce, you can bet the runout is spot on :)

Doc, the persimmon (phillipine variety I believe) was a hard wood. Not rock hard, but quite dense. it turned very well, and sanded easily.

johnnycnc

John, I really like the look of that kit, one question is it a retrofitted Jr. Statesman or Baron?

Thanks Roy,
It is a Jr Statesman II cousin. Same drills, tube for lower is noticably shorter,
I measured kit parts and Jr Gent II/ Jr Statesman II bushings were a match
within about .002 which is a solid match in my book within mfg tolerances for the kits.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Outstanding job on this one John. Great fit and finish on the Persimmon. Gonna have to dig out another blank now and,order some of those kits.:biggrin: Thanks for posting it.

altaciii

That pen is one that I will have to try. I am a great fan (as are my repeat customers) of the jr statesman. This will provide a neat alternative. Thanks John, for sharing the pics

RAdams

Banned
thanks for posting! Ernie directed me to this thread, and i am glad he did! That is a fine looking pen, and the price is pretty nice as well!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The kit looks nice but the gold plating is not up to snuff, should be Ti-gold for that price.

Interesting observation, the Jr Statesman uses 22kt gold. How does that compare with this??

In the locations that are gold (small centerband and cap) will there ever be noticeable wear??

The kit I was looking at and the one shown above has a cap and clip with standard gold plating. That's a lot of exposed plating. If you carry this in a pocket for any length of time it will wear off. For a kit this price it should be a longer wearing plating. I have seen slimlines with standard gold plating lose the plating over the entire clip and nib with moderate handling within a few months. Why is this going to be any different?

Top Bottom