Trio of Sceptre's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jasontg99

jasontg99

First, many thanks to Harold (splinter99) for his help fixing my lackluster finishing skills. A couple practice pens later and I had the confidence to knock these out. Hope you all enjoy them. As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome. Almost forgot, CA finish on all three. The first is a dyed plasticized maple burl, second is a cherry burl, and lastly a spalted plasticized maple.

Attachments

• IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I'm impressed that you could pull that off with only a COUPLE of practice pens! My count was slightly higher before I got comfortable with that finish.:biggrin: Great work.

splinter99

Nice looking pens! The finish looks great..glad it worked out for you. I think you will agree, after you have done a few its as easy or easier than the CA/Blo

BigShed

I think you have done a great job on the fit and particularly the finish, very well done.

May I say that the Sceptre kit itself still hasn't grown on me, somehow the lines don't do it for me, but that is a purely personal opinion and doesn't reflect at all on your very fine work.

artme

Noob question.....rococo?????

Jason, rococo is a particular style of European art that is highly ornate and decorative to the point of visual overload. Thank goodness it is no longer in vogue.

I have seen several Rococo and Baroque churches in Europe. Many people are wide eyed and think they are beautiful. I don't I think they are overdone and even garish.

A google search will fill you in more.

jasontg99

I'm impressed that you could pull that off with only a COUPLE of practice pens! My count was slightly higher before I got comfortable with that finish.:biggrin: Great work.

I guess I should clarify...I have been usint the CA/BLO method with VERY inconsistant results for the last month or so - I am still in my rookie year, so I have been experimenting with A LOT of different finishes. I did a couple of practice pens with Harold's method and then I did these. I have finally found my easy AND consistant finishing method!!!

Top Bottom