Trio of Painted Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

Again, my mother came through with some beautiful painting. Comments appreciated.

2006821175715_Painted%20Redheart.jpg

2006821175747_Painted%20Yellowheart.jpg

2006821175818_Painted%20Maple%20Cigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rpasto92

Great work but I do have a question. Is it the picture or is there a thin black line on the lower part of both cigar upper barells? Is that the result of the wood burning from your pen mill or from sanding near the bushings? I get that look every now and again too and I think it happens when my trimmer gets dull and I wanted to know if you think it's the same thing.

thewishman

Gorgeous pens, Bruce. The first one really stands out, though all are pretty. Is that bloodwood? My wife loves them all. Compliments to you and your mother - you make a nice team!

Do you apply the paint after the pen finish? Just curious about how the paint adheres. If you paint before the finish, how do you protect the paint?

Chris

jssmith3

These turned out great, Your mom is doing a great job, I especially like the red one. Keep up the good work and make sure your moms getting a cute too [;)]
Janet ;)

fiferb

I apologize for not answering your questions in a timely manner. I had to go to the emergency room yesterday morning. Apparently I have a kidney stone and have yet to pass it. Good painkillers though.

Ryan, I think the dark lines you see are shadows in these pictures. I don't see any of the dark marks from the pen mill. I have seen those and I think you are correct when you say they come when the mill gets dull.

Chris, the top on is redheart, followed by yellowheart and maple.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom