A trio of Ligeros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewell

Here are the first Ligeros I've done:

tn_LigeroTrio.jpg

They are from aspen, spalted maple, and box elder. The kits were very easy to do, although I tried to be really critical of dimensions (prehaps overly so) so they took a little longer than the PSI kits I've done in the past. I have to say I LOVE the quality of thes kits :D

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mewell

Thanks all ... As others at "The Pen Shop" have pointed out, the kits are a little light since there is a fair amount of plastic. But since I have only done Penn State kits in the past I don't have much to compare to. I'd like to find an "upscale" kit to appeal to the snootier buyers of fountain pens - suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

mewell

Bear - I used Zinsser French Polish on these. It's applied on the lathe while spinning. A little on a cloth applied to the wood, repeat, then burnish into the wood with a seperate cloth. For the pieces I did this process 6 times to create a dozen coats.

I talked to a person that did pens for craft shows in the north-east and he suggested making my own french polish with BLO and shellac but the Zinsser has wax in it too.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom