A Trio of Home Brews

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JayDevin

JayDevin

After Serveral Days of Casting and other experiments, Here are the first 3 off the Lathe. A Jr Gent Copper Fountain, a Black TN Jr Gent and A 10k Jr Retro.

First is the Jr Retro, the Blank I will call FLAME. it is Black Dyed Moss in an Orange/Red Alumilite casting.

Second is the Jr Gent Black Tn , I will call this Molten Lava. it i s also black dyed moss in an Orange/Red/Yellow Alumilite Casting.

The Last is the Copper Jr Gent Fountain in the Famous Swirl Z Blue.
I think this casting came out Stunning! the swirls are great!

Comments are always Welcome, the light was not helping me with the Photos

Jay

Attachments

• DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC00444.jpg
    DSC00444.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00449.jpg
    DSC00449.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00453.jpg
    DSC00453.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00455.jpg
    DSC00455.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 205
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

The blue is really sweet. I'd go with more wood in it if possible. I think a blank should be primarily wood with resin filling the woodless spaces, not the opposite. But, that's personal preference.

I really like the flame, but I'm not feeling the little white specks in it. I'm assuming that's the moss but looks like sanding slur that got stuck in the finish.

JayDevin

Skye, the "flecks" are really Dimples in the Moss that would not fill with CA, I was having all sorts of issues with the Moss.

On the Swirl Z Blue, there was more wood on the bottom half ,but most of it turned away, leaving the little Island.

Attachments

• DSC00458.jpg
    DSC00458.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 105

JayDevin

The Moss Was Collected in Southern Oregon , Hugo, to be exact. It was mostly already dried, I dyed it and re dried it. I spent 4 days wandering my Friends property with ziplock bags! I also Harvested some wasp nests......more on that later!

Top Bottom