Trio of "Deer Hunter" pens in antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TimS124

TimS124

A buddy requested these to give as gifts for Christmas. I moved from the west coast to the east coast about the time he requested these so getting them done in time got "interesting" but I managed to unpack enough of my equipment to make it happen (with time to spare, thanks to Priority Mail, to get them to him before Christmas).

The original request was for all three to be made with "Antique Pewter" (like the one in the middle) but the only kits I could find during unpacking were in the starter set. Thankfully, the starter set also has the bit and bushings which saved a bunch more digging through unpacked boxes. My buddy agreed that having them each in a different finish would help the recipients keep track of which one was theirs (they all work together). Whew! :biggrin:

Each pen's original ink was tossed in a drawer and an Easy Flow 9000 refill was used instead. The Easy Flow refills write sooooooooooo much better than the stock inks!

Attachments

• W's trio of antler pens - Dec 2015.jpg
    W's trio of antler pens - Dec 2015.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 399

TimS124

The bolt action pens, especially the "Deer Hunter" style (due to its wide clip), don't fit well in most pen cases. So, these were each paired with a leatherette zippered pouch which works quite well (it can flex enough to handle the pen's thickness and the bolt's awkward protrusion). Not certain where I got those pouches from since the only ones I can find today have a different interior design but they're otherwise very close to these:

2 Pen Leatherette Binder - Black - WoodTurningz

Top Bottom