Trimline Bois d'Ark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Compared to the beautiful pens posted here, this seems trivial, but it is my 11th pen and I think it turned out pretty nice.

Its a Trimline. Wood is Bois d'Ark. The wood is much nicer in person. It is a yellowish-orangish color with nice grain and almost a shimmer.

Finish is MM to 12000, then EEE finished with HUT Crystal Coat. It has a nice shine but still feels like wood. I know it won't last as long as CA, but it looks good now !

Attachments

• IMG_1622a-web.jpg
    IMG_1622a-web.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Gary,
Nice work. The turning looks good and fits the kit well. While the finish might not last as long as ca it is still well done. That's where I started several years ago. This wood tends to turn brown over time so don't be surprised if that happens. Keep up the good work.

altaciii

Really nice pen. I like the color combo with the kit. It's great to have a pen that "is the nicest pen I've made". You will find that with no. 12 it will be the next "nicest pen" and so forth and so on. With each one you gain a little more experience and start to take chances on higher end turning material and kits. Great job on this one, now try to outdo yourself on the next one.

bitshird

You did a nice job with the Bois d'Arc/Osage Orange/Hedge or as they call it around here Bodark, Beautiful proportions and very nice contour, the finish Well could have made a better choice, but honestly I've made pens from Osage Orange and not put any finish on them that is one of the hardest woods grown in North America, and if you get it sanded smooth, once the wood cures out it will have a great patina all on it's own.

Top Bottom