• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Rick,

Concerning your comment about ebony and holly together, I had a similar problem with the "silver" dots on the bloodwood in my post. I had noticed that there was not any smearing (dust) when using my home made chisel (almost a scrapper), similar to Peter's SKOGGER in shape. I took extra time on sharpening it to a razor edge and honed it well. There was no smearing, no bleed over and with the speed turned up to 3600, it was smooth enough for direct application of finish.

I have since made 2 more and they finished as well as the photos on the 30 Pieces of Silver post.

Your pens do look sharp and NICE. I like the Cross on a hill. By the way, how DID you clean the holly so well?

Last edited:

workinforwood

They look good, definitely nice and tight with a great fit, finish and photo skills. I think the gent would be better with the cross on the cap, and it would maybe look better if the crosses where more centered in the blanks.

airrat

Nice work good color combinations. On the Retro, just an opinion, I am not sure if it would look better flipped around so the cross was up when assembled. I know and like why you did it the way you did but the bottom picture you have just grabs my attention.

Great job still.

cdbakkum

Rick, perfect, Dorothy's husband Carl. The reason I sign my name that way is, IAP will not let me use the same E-mail as my my wife Dorothy, but we use it all the time when we corespond with others. That is the reason I am no longer a member. I joined several years ago and one day I was told I had to change my password, but the would not except. enough said. Carl

gwilki

Your details is great, Rick. I would suggest putting the cross on the cap of the Retro. It's not a great idea to ever have the cross upside down.

Top Bottom