Tried something new !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Euro. No band. Lower barrel is slightly recessed into the upper barrel and it has a custom finial.

Wood is Camphor Burl. Smelled really good turning it.

I'm not really happy with the shape of the finial and I skimped a little on the finish so its not really smooth. Overall, I like it and feel like I accomplished something (learned something).

Comments and criticism encouraged.

Attachments

• IMG_6225a-web.jpg
    IMG_6225a-web.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 335
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Gary:
I like it, ALOT!

From the photo, it looks like there is a little "skinning" or tool marks at the bottom of where the CB would normally fit.

If that is the case and not the photo, next time, a little Kiwi Cordoba Brown polish before CA will touch that right up. DAMHIKT:)

Excellent execution.... A pen I would like to carry!

MarkD

I like it Gary! Looks good without the center band. I also agree that it would look nice with a hidden clip.

Brooks803

I really like it Gary. That's how I make all my euro type pens. Depending on the look I want I'll do a recess or not. I do my CA finish between centers and I get a buildup of CA on both ends. On the centerband end you'll get just enough buildup to create a small lip of CA that can make the illusion of a recess without having to cut anything. The clip end just trim off the excess and viola! Andy has it right too, they make great carry pens (easy to sell carry pens I might add!). If you use the stock metal cap use some loctite or you could end up losing the clip assembly DAMHIK!

DurocShark

I like it too. I think a hidden clip wouldn't look as good with this particular design. The silver band for the clip makes it, IMHO.

wizard

Gary, I love that pen! I like its simplicity,smooth profile, beautiful uniform wood with no distraction of a centerband, along with custom finial and contrasting hardware that really makes the wood stand out. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom