Tried my first Cigar pen.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

............nothing too fancy although I did change the nib band, center band, finial, and I placed a bit of Brass in the final too. The wood is Zircote and the white is Ivory Alternative. I finshed it with Mylands. C~N~C welcomed. Thanks for looking and be well.........Jan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMayoIII

Looks like you center band bushing may be little off. I love how you've changed the bands with the alt ivory, very nice look. Good job for your first cigar!

OOPS

I think the Alt. Ivory makes a nice accent to the Zircote. But my favorite part of this pen is the design and shape of the finial. It makes it look distinctive and separates this one from the stock Cigar design. The pen looks longer, and thinner, IMO, due to this stylish addition. Thanks for posting this.

robutacion

I like the add on's Jan, they really give a great contrast to the wood and the plating colours however, and from what that picture is showing on my screen, your barrels aren't matching the kit size fittings, being your first Cigar I wouldn't expect the bushings to the worn so, you may have the incorrect bushings, you turn the top barrel well undersize and the bottom one way out at the center band joint, the nib part looks OK on this picture.

You asked for "comments" and I'm giving you mine, as much as many other people here feel that they should be polite and kind with their comments, I believe you or anyone else, will be a lot better "served" with comments that represent the truth and the reality of what you are showing us, I apologise for being "different" but, if I'm going to say something when someones asks, I tell it as I see it, regardless who that person may be so, if that pic is showing your work "distorted", I apologise for my comments as I've seen a lot better from you, if the pic represents fairly what the pen looks like, I have to say, the wood work on it, has let you down miserably, I'm afraid...!

PS: Please, no offense intended...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

plantman

Jan; Where is the ash??? Cigars should have ash. Realy, it is an extremely fine looking pen !!! I just received a 3/4 X 12" piece of alt. Ivory myself today. Have to think up a project for it. Jim S

Janster

Well now, guess what? I checked my bushings, peerrffeeeectt! Sad part now develops, I used the wrong one on the wrong end!!! I'll be an easy fix. I am correcting it NOW!. Thanks.........Jan

Last edited:

Mason Kuettel

Wrong center bushing on cigar pen...

...I've never done that before.

That's my story...:rolleyes:

I have grown to like the cigar pen more and more because of the amount of a blank you can show off.

robutacion

...I've never done that before.

That's my story...:rolleyes:

I have grown to like the cigar pen more and more because of the amount of a blank you can show off.

Hahahahah, neither have I...! Pinoquio.jpg

I also like the Cigar kit from the very beginning and my very first, I've mixed up the bushings also so, I know how it feels...!

Since, I remember countless number of people that fall into the same trap and many "warnings" have been made for people to take some attention to that problem, it seems that our friend Jan didn't read those warnings so, those out there with intentions to give the Cigar kit a go, yes, it is a great kit to work with, and plenty of "meat" left on those barrels but, get those bushing tested and marked so that you know where they belong otherwise, you will also be part of the "Cigar bushings trap Club"...!:eek::biggrin:

PS: Jan, I'm glad it is salvageable...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Marc

Well now, guess what? I checked my bushings, peerrffeeeectt! Sad part now develops, I used the wrong one on the wrong end!!! I'll be an easy fix. I am correcting it NOW!. Thanks.........Jan

I was going to suggest that to you next time I saw you. I know your work well enough that this was not your normal effort.

Top Bottom