Tricky Stripes - Skiprat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from devowoodworking

I had started this blank about a year ago in an attempt to copy Skiprat's 'Tricky Stripes' pen, however I didn't quite pull it off :redface: and to add insult to injury, I didn't start with blanks (Holly/Ebony) that were big enough for the 'Panache' kit...but I finally realized that the Jr. Gent shares the same size diameter tubes and this is the result, please be nice :tongue:
Just kidding, all comments appreciated :wink:

Attachments

• skippy - alt.jpg
    skippy - alt.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 278
  • skippy - open.jpg
    skippy - open.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice pen. I missed the one from Skiprat. Did the dark ebony bleed into the holly at all? How did you resolve it. B/c I don't see any in the pic. It looks great. DJ

Can't a guy catch a break!:biggrin:

Yeah, I mistakenly flipped the bushings when I turned it down, of course my wife noticed it right away :frown:...maybe I'll switch the kit to a postable and use the excuse that I planned it that way :laugh:

Nice pen. I missed the one from Skiprat. Did the dark ebony bleed into the holly at all? How did you resolve it. B/c I don't see any in the pic. It looks great. DJ

Skiprat used 'alternate materials' for his....there was no significant bleed and I simply wiped it with lacquer thinner after sanding...finish is lacquer as well :wink:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:biggrin:Don't they say that 'Imitation is a high form of flattery' ?

John, it looks cool and should be easy enough to flip the barrel. I was also very surprised by your link :eek: I had no idea that I was featured as much on EB:biggrin:
That could explain the several request and enquiries for pens that I've had recently. ( I'm gonna have to give the Princess a big smooch :biggrin: )

Top Bottom