A Tribute to Skiprat: A Rollerbolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

I joined the IAP in August of 2009. Over the past five years...I have seen so many facets of an art that produces instruments that are both creative and functional. On many occasions, I would run across a pen made by a member and would wonder...could I learn to do that? Due to the generosity of members of who share their knowledge on the forum, the library, in person, or on YouTube...a new member gains the confidence to learn. One of several people whose work I admire.....made a pen that was so striking that I could not resist the challenge to make one so... I finally finished it this morning. My teacher was lol...an infamous gray rodent who lives across the "pond" and goes by the name Mr. Skiprat. The ingenious murine made a pen from a bolt...actually several different kinds of pens from bolts. He said one of them was "worthless". I thought it looked quite nice. LOL..
All joking aside, Steven thanks for being one of my teachers. This is a tribute to you.
Thanks for looking.
Doc:)

Attachments

• Bolt Rollerball I.jpg
    Bolt Rollerball I.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Bolt Rollerball II.jpg
    Bolt Rollerball II.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 427
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Fantastic Doc! I'm sure the RAT will be flattered. Congratulations on a big success. I'm thinking a band would look great on this. :biggrin: Joking! Just joking!:biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow Doc, :eek: I had no idea that any of my work could or would inspire someone of your calibre. !!! I'm immensely flattered. Well done sir!!:biggrin:

stonepecker

Doc, I think you done your teacher proud.
Skiprat is 'one of a kind' pen turner. You just show us all that You are one also.

Well done both of you.
Doc, You inspire all of us in many ways.
Personaly, I enjoy Yours and Skiprats work very much.
I know that those skills are way over my head.
Wayne

Timebandit

Oh Yeah!! Thats awesome! If there werent screen names on our profiles, everyone who knows skip would have thought that he made this pen. Even the pictures look similar. You did an awesone job Doc! And were also inspired by a great Rat!! Both of you should be proud!

JohnU

Beautiful solute to Skiprat Doc! Your work as well as his inspires us all. That one continues to be on my bucket list. Congrats on your success! Simply beautiful.

Marko50

That's "nuts"

…If only I possessed the skills necessary to make a pen such as this! Just simply very, very cool. Nice tribute to the master! Both of you are true artists.:)

bluwolf

Very nice! That looks great. No messing around for you when it comes to working with the difficult metals, eh Doc?

Mike

wizard

Very nice! That looks great. No messing around for you when it comes to working with the difficult metals, eh Doc?

Mike

Mike, LOL...If it weren't for you.....I wouldn't have even gotten past my trepidation of working with aluminum much less attempt a stainless steel bolt. Regards, Doc:)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Doc, you need to stop being so humble. :wink: Every person on this forum learned to do stuff by absorbing, adapting and applying methods and techniques learned from others. But in the end, it was YOU that made this cool fun pen. :biggrin: You did a great job and deserve the accolades. :biggrin:

However, now that you have mastered stainless steel threading and turning, try 'sculpting' :wink: ( Just charging up my camera batteries:wink: )

Top Bottom