trial run

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dfurlano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I love the concept.

But two centerbands just doesn't work for me.

Remove the standard CB that came with the kit and lower your segmented CB and I think you will have a winner.

dfurlano

Ron and Mike I agree with your assessments. I need to try this again and see what I can come up with. Ron I got the book on segmenting that you suggested to someone else on another thread "The Art of Segmented Woodturning" that guy can do some amazing work!

gerryr

I basically like the one you did for the CB, except I agree that the regular CB needs to go. I also think that if the "spiral" forms all started on one side or the other it might look nicer. I think I might prefer it if they all started where the pen comes apart.

dfurlano

I'm going to hijack my own thread....

Speaking of pen envy anyone go to the Philly Pen show last weekend? I went with wife.

There were two custom penmakers (from kits) out of the 50 or so booths. the custom pen booths were from PA and the other from MI. They both had very nice pens and displays. The PA guy had some outstanding work. Don't know if I can say their names in this forum. I was their late on Sunday but the show still had a good crowd and many people were buying.

This I thought was the most innovative from a low cost good quality standpoint. These are commercially made and the owner worked the booth: www.taccia.com

vick

Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />Hey, Dan, it looks good to me. Just sounds like a lot of pen envy![}:)]

I am definately envious of the skill required to make the segments. I did not mean for my comments to belittle the craftsmanship at all.

dfurlano

Mike, Bob's comments were lighthearted and I always appreciate anyones comments and critiques equally as well. I can truly say that their isn't anything anyone has done that benefit somehow for anothers comments.

vick

I understand but on rereading my comments I had thought I was a little short so I wanted to make it clear. I have done some segmented stuff myself so I definately understand how much work it can be to get a good quality feature ring like you did. I just wanted to make sure you understood the ring and the idea both seem excellent the centerband just did not look right on the kit to me. I will also admit the same can be said for most of my segmented pens.
Us demented I meen segmented guys need to stick together.[;)]

Thumbs

Yes, Mike, I was just joking! Notice, I didn't say ILL pen envy because someone would certainly misread that! And then we'd have some Psychologist Probing our Psyche for something about handling big pens or something like that! I mean it could just go on and on getting bigger and bigger........ I guess I better stop now before I get thrown owt of here!......[}:)][}:)][}:)] Ya know what I mean? [;)][B)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom