Tre Italiani

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
I wanted to make one of each style of Atrax in a unique, but similar material. I picked these 3 Italian acrylics from Exotics. I'm not sure what the "acrylic" is, but I like it a lot. Its much harder than PR or Alumite, but its less see through than the lucite I've tried. I did have to be careful drilling as it wanted to heat up a bit for me. I did reverse paint each one with a color to match the prevalent color.

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Dean. Beautiful pen!!!!!

As soon as you confirm that the CB and tail screws fit the Triton, I'm on this set like white on rice!!!!

Wonderfully executed!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dean,

I just spent a couple hours drilling those blanks---getting "raw tape" for a video that should be up tomorrow.

I drilled 10.5 and 12 mm holes---10 in all. The blank never got hot. I drilled at about 500 rpm and took the drill out of the hole only 3 or 4 times for the full length (3" ish).

My bits were NOT freshly sharpened---so I think the major factor was the slow speed. But the flutes DID clear, so there was only once I sweat a bit!!

As I say, tomorrow, we will have a vid on drilling.
(and did I mention how POed I am about Jeff finishing a video in minutes, while I spent three hours editing??? Must be nice to be a geek, sometimes!!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Hmm... I'll have to look at my belt setting. I know I was faster than that... Maybe 1200. I didn't have an issue with the 10.5, but had to pause with the 12.5...

I will have to try slower next time. Guess I'm just used to my turning at 3900! Even where is was feels so slow.

Top Bottom