Trashwood "Blue Ice"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toyotaman

toyotaman

I made this blank a few weeks ago but I wasn't sure if it would turn out or not. I started to toss it in the scrap box but I thought," What the heck". Let's see whats inside. I'm glad I did finish it. Turned out better than I thought. It's Spalted Sycamore with blue PR and some pearl-x for the swirl effect. C&C Welcome..

Attachments

• IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3430.jpg
    IMG_3430.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3431.jpg
    IMG_3431.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 142
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

The pen looks really good in the first photo, although it's hard to tell in the others since they're a little out of focus and very bluish in color. I think you did the right thing by going ahead an turning that scrap into a pen though, because what I can see looks pretty good!

76winger

My post-processing skills aren't as good as many but with a little color correction and sharpening, this begins to show the beauty of what you created. Nice job!

Attachments

• TrashwoodBlueIce1.jpg
    TrashwoodBlueIce1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 113

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Kudos

I made this blank a few weeks ago but I wasn't sure if it would turn out or not. I started to toss it in the scrap box but I thought," What the heck". Let's see whats inside. I'm glad I did finish it. Turned out better than I thought. It's Spalted Sycamore with blue PR and some pearl-x for the swirl effect. C&C Welcome..

Nice pen. As Dave said, photos do not do it justice. Here's one with shadow highlight and exposure post processing. It's hard to do too much after they have already been sized down.

Attachments

• IMG_3429 copy.jpg
    IMG_3429 copy.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 261

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
It's a nice looking pen. But IMHO it would've looked a lot better with a color more in line with the color of the wood. Like a green or gold. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom