From the trash to the lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
This little piece was not really big enough to use :mad: so I tossed it away. :bad:From the depths of the garbage a little voice called out to me. :giggle: I dug down and found the little bugger. Decided to try and save it. ( I hate to toss things away) :good: The dang thing had a nast bark inclusion under the surface which fell apart right away. :curse: Several gallons of ca later (sure seemed like it anyway) I made it stay together. :at-wits-end: Anyway here are the details and a before and after photos: :biggrin:

Box Elder sapwood burl
Black Ti Slimline from Jimmy (Wooden Pen Pro)
CA finish

Attachments

• box elder burl 00002a.jpg
    box elder burl 00002a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 311
  • box elder burl 00003a.jpg
    box elder burl 00003a.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 371
  • box elder burl chunk.jpg
    box elder burl chunk.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woody350ep

shoulda let it stay in the trash
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Just kidding. That is very nice, and someone will be glad you saved it. As they say, one man's trash can turn into treasure. Or was it..........oh nevermind lol.

rdunn12

Umm Uhh that is umm really nice there Landon.So we have resorted to digging through trash to get pen blanks.Man what is the world coming to.I know the economy is bad but dude,I would have sent you some blanks.All jokes aside,nice looking pen.Glad you did'nt trash it turned out really nice.Finish looks really good I like it.No comment on the photo.Just kidding.

S

spiritwoodturner

I love it, especially because you worked harder to get it. We should do that more often. I get (whst I sometimes think is) crap at my woodturner's club raffle, but I think I should look again. And get my CA ready and handy!

Very nice,
Dale

Top Bottom