Translucent PR Dip Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from winpooh498

winpooh498

This is my attempt at making the tortoise shell tru-stone out of PR. I am happy with how it came out, but next time I do this pour I will change a few things.

This pen is what I sent to (Steve) follow3 for the PITH.
I posted it here because I would like some feed back on it. I made this out of a standard pen blank, so it is shorter then the normal dip pens.

Thanks for looking and all comments good, bad or ugly. :D

dipwithnib-1.jpg

dipnib-1.jpg

dip2.jpg

dip3.jpg

dip4.jpg

dip5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Dawn, I like it, normally I'm not much for new fangled technology but that looks like an idea whose time has come :D:D:D:D, seriously I like the transparent look. did you use transparent dyes??

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
That's a really nice pen "holder", Dawn. I can't wait to see the ink well! I love the transparent look.

Did you turn it between (forgot . . .) 'points'?
Is the hole for the nib drilled 1/4"?

Very nice!

winpooh498

That's a really nice pen "holder", Dawn. I can't wait to see the ink well! I love the transparent look.

Did you turn it between (forgot . . .) 'points'?
Is the hole for the nib drilled 1/4"?

Very nice!

Thanks again for all the comments. I have another one that is on my lathe right now, and it does have a matching ink well. These are becoming my favorite to make.

I didn't turn it between centers. I drilled it about 3/4" with a "J" bit, glued in a 7mm tube, trimmed off excess tube, milled and shortened my mandrel and tightened up the tail stock.

Skye

You need to make another one of those and stick a dead bug inside it. It really reminds me of some of those dead bugs found in amber.

td

Banned
Really nice flow of color. I haven't tried this effect yet. When I do I would be excited if mine comes out half as beautiful! Keep it up and keep postin'!

Terry
Dallas, TX

td is me!

Top Bottom