Transformation swap & a commissioned piece

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I think Eric (Buzzzz4) has been really busy lately so I'll post some pics of the pen I did for him for the transformation swap. I know Eric has already recieved it so I'm not spoiling any surprises. Eric sent me alot of fun and odd items to use, but in the end everything was an epic disaster to either cast or turn. So I had to play it somewhat safe and use the last of the mini pinecones and alumilite to make a sierra sized blank. I was really happy with how it came out. I was trying to have the 2 larger pinecones on the ends and the mini's in the middle, but I was a bit off with where I glued in the tube. Finished with some CA and here it is:

DSC01035608x700.jpg
DSC01039537x700.jpg
DSC01041622x700.jpg
DSC01043579x700.jpg

This one I wish I could have avoided, but it's already paid for so I made it. It originally was supposed to be an Atrax RB but he changed his mind to a zen the next day. Problem for me was that I already started and used my 1 and only blank that was made by Fred (Ptownsubbie). For those that don't know, his coffee bean blanks are super easy to turn and blowouts aren't likely. Instead however I had to go to my local turning store and buy an INLACE:eek: bean blank...well, I bought several just in case. Thankfully I only need 1. I just had to take it slow and steady. Finished in CA and happy it's all over. Hope yall like it:

DSC01047562x700.jpg
DSC01049616x700.jpg
DSC01055582x700.jpg
DSC01052564x700.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Still got an absurdly nice pine cone blank for the trouble. The coffee bean is on my list of pens I need to make for myself some day.

If I can make it to the next meeting remind me to bring the extra bean blanks I bought for this. They're yours! Just no hate mail if/when they blow up :beat-up:

Inlace + beans - can see why you bought several. Love the pine cones and the coffee. The pens and photos are both outstanding.

Thanks Chris! Yeah...just thinking of inlace had me sweating. I only had a few days to turn it so if I had a blowout I'd be in real trouble!

Top Bottom