Trail Of Tears

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

About a month ago a package arrived in my mail box from Lou (DCBluesman)inside was 2 axis antler blanks . When I asked Lou why he sent them he said because he wanted me to have them. I decided that something special would have to be made from them. With the help of Ken Nelsen I present:

20087921317_tears.jpg

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Roy,that is one awesome pen, hats off to you and Ken Nelson.Oh by the way the Trail of tears passes about three miles from where I live(or that what the sign reads.)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Had I mentioned that my great grandfather said he married a "Chick-He-Saw" --- that's close to Native American, isn't it???

Send it to me.:D:D:D:D:D

redfishsc

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

20087921317_tears.jpg

Roy, man oh MAN. That pen goes right up there in my top 10 favorite pens I've ever seen. I have a good bit of Native American in my blood, and when I hear Americans griping about hispanics taking over the nation, I get a bit angry since they obviously don't know our nations true history and what we did to these great peoples.

Yes indeed. Right up there with Pentarsia (well, almost!) and Skiprat's blue cobra pen.

I would price that pen so friggin high that nobody would ever buy it--- it would be the centerpiece to every show or booth I set up. Braggin rights, yea man.

Roy,
That is one beautiful pen. You did a very special job on that.

The trail of tears started from the Tellico Plains area of Tennesee.. the "holding" pens were actually closer to Coker Creek, about 10 miles south of TP. The area around here was a major camping ground for the Cherokee and the word Tellico is an anglocized verision of a Cherokee word, "Telliquah" meaning Plains... so I guess I live in Plains Plains. :D

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That's beautiful, Roy. As a native American (my mother's grandmother was Cherokee) I really love the motif. Guess I should just pack up the rest of that antler and send it on out to Shawnee. [8D] For anyone interested in beautiful Cherokee art, take a look at John Guthrie's work. (No affiliation) www.guthriestudios.com

Rifleman1776

Very beautiful tribute.
BTW, the Trail of Tears is not a single trail. There were several routes. A big part of one passes through less than a mile from where I live in Arkansas. Another is just a couple miles further north.

OKLAHOMAN

I thank all responders, I made this pen for a show I will be doing in Oct. The promoters wanted me to send them a picture of a special pen for their catalog. I did and one of the promoters bought it and I also got a special order for one in a Jr. Statesman from one of our vendors here on the IAP, he wanted the Emperor but I promised the promoter that I would not make another one as an Emperor.
Now has anyone guessed who the Indian is?

20087921317_tears.jpg

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

[/quote]

OKLAHOMAN

Give that man a nickel! I was surprised that with almost 900 views and over 30 comments no one had asked or made a comment about the Indian.. Yes from the Indian head nickel or some call it the Buffalo nickel.
Originally posted by RonSchmitt

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

Now has anyone guessed who the Indian is?

From the Buffalo nickel?

Top Bottom