Toxic Moss Pearl...something

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Okay, so I wanted to let the creative...whatever come out. I started off with a green pen tube, then glued on some purple glass beads, then I mixed some green moss picked up from Michaels into clear resin with some Pearl-ex. Well...the moss bled into the resin turning it a toxic looking color:eek: The moss didn't want to set so with time, heat, and some CA I made it work. I don't like the idea of defeat:mad:

Here's the result.

6415508259_36aa63361c_z.jpg

You can see larger images in my IAP Gallery or my flickr site, both linked below.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Above and beyond always wins over defeat! And you scored with some great results....althought the photo probably isn't showing the moss very well.

Keeping thinking outside the box!

Scott (I'm stuck in the box) B

wiset1

The dark green patches...that's the moss. It was such a pain in the Butt that I don't want to give it any more notice, ha ha ha.

marksman

Cool! Nice experiment. Turned out great in my opinion. The question is, could you reproduce it if needed?

Last edited:

wiset1

Cool! Nice experiment. Turned out great in my opinion. The question is, could you reproduce it if needed?

I could, but honestly...I have no desire to do so:devil: This thing was a turd from start to finish so I'm putting it behind me:biggrin:

wiset1

Like I said, this thing was a turd right out of the gate. Now that it's done I'm happy...but another one...not so much.

Brooks803

Lol....came out like a turd huh? Well who says you can't polish a turd! For what it is(and isn't) the overall look is kinda cool. Not a bad mishap at all.

wiset1

Thanks guys! I happy that people like it, but as noted...I'll do something different next time.

Top Bottom