"A Touch of Picasso"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Let me start by saying, that title is in no way any form of reference to myself. After turning this design down, I found it rather reminiscent of a Picasso piece that I had seen at some point in time.

This is a beautiful piece of Silky Oak that I got from Keith at ZambezieExotics. The segmenting is Ebony veneer. The kit is a Retro Gold Titanium Fountain Pen from LauLau. BLO/CA finish.

Thank you for checkin' it out. Any and all comments welcome.

Attachments

• A Touch of Picasso.jpg
    A Touch of Picasso.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 426
  • A Touch of Picasso 2.jpg
    A Touch of Picasso 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just like Jeff said, long time no see Steve. Nice to see that you haven't lost your touch. Nice clean sharp lines:biggrin:

bitshird

Beautiful work Steve, I was thinking about you this morning and about to see if any one had heard from you, Good to see you're still in fine form.

akbar24601

I truly believe that she is!!! I think that flute that Skippy made for her has gotten to her head and now she is talking Gibberish!!!:biggrin::confused::biggrin: The only cure that I can see is that Steven gives us all one of those cool flutes and then we can understand what the heck Dawn is talking about!!!:biggrin::wink::biggrin:

BTW, Thank you to all for all of your kind words and a very nice welcome back! I cannot begin to express what a wonderful community this is and I am very thankful for the support that it offers!

PR_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcav1952
Great work, Steve!! If you continue in the artist vein, stay away from van Gogh. I hear that can be a bit tough on the ears.

Dawn, I don't understand. Are you speaking in code?? :wink::biggrin::wink:

Careful William, if you give too much away, you will have to be x'd out.:wink::biggrin::cool:

PR_Princess

The only cure that I can see is that Steven gives us all one of those cool flutes and then we can understand what the heck Dawn is talking about!!!:biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Yeah, well good luck with both of those!!:rolleyes::biggrin:

BTW Steve VERY nice pen. I like how the lines of the veneer move around the pen. I does not look like an inlay at all!

I for one am truly happy to see you back.... And posting cool pens again!

akbar24601

I think it's time for me to go away again!!! Apparently, since I've been gone, everyone has started using some new language! God knows I have trouble enough with plain old English! I do like the whole putting red letters in the words, it makes 'em purtier!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a nice piece of art! My artist cousin says Van Gogh would be honored at your rendition. Great work!

Top Bottom