A touch of gold......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

This has been a challenge for me in more ways than one, but im certainly pleased with the results.. and this is one which will remain in my collection oppose to being sold :)

22ct gold plated Gentleman's Pen, which seems very difficult to photograph due to the shine.... so much nicer in person

392257_184091628349178_117699231655085_370702_1187520190_n.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

You ain't a kiddin'....that is one shiny pen! But very cool!!!

Does your photo editting program do HDR? If so, that will get the 'shine' off of it, but still let the beauty through!!

Scott (it's a seller for sure) B

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This has been a challenge for me in more ways than one, but im certainly pleased with the results.. and this is one which will remain in my collection oppose to being sold :)

22ct gold plated Gentleman's Pen, which seems very difficult to photograph due to the shine.... so much nicer in person
Hi Brad; Nice rocks, oh the pens not half bad either!:)

BradG

Looks a bit overspun, but the concept is really nice.

nope just need to screw on a new end... i use a hydraulic press which can be a little too aggresive at times its slightly squashed the end part here cauising it to fan out a touch.... which in turn makes it look as though its over turned! ... will replace the screw on end part when my other gold kits arrive :)

BradG

You ain't a kiddin'....that is one shiny pen! But very cool!!!

Does your photo editting program do HDR? If so, that will get the 'shine' off of it, but still let the beauty through!!

Scott (it's a seller for sure) B

I use photoshop so wouldn't be suprised if theres a setting in there somewhere for it. will have to have a play with PS more :)

BradG

Very cool Brad. How do you expect the plating to hold up over time?

Mike

Mike in truth i am not sure. If excessively polished it will certainly wear... and naturally it will with every day use. This has been brush plated which is thinner than tank plating. if this one shows signs of wear sooner than i would have hoped, then i will tank plate the next (just costs alot more to setup) which will give a thicker coat.

This i have Nickel plated, then gold plated over the top of that in order to prevent the base bleeding through so should be robust in that degree.

I intend on getting my plating as good as the parts used on a gent kit for instance. that of course is going to be alot of trial and error i feel :rolleyes:

BradG

Let me know how you get along with the DVD's Earl :) They caught me out at first as i didnt realise there was 4 episodes or so per DVD! didnt feel right how quickly i got through the entire course lol

Top Bottom