A Toucan and almost Black Tie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

The forecast for today was 103, so too hot for me to go to work and I have a show coming up and need more inventory. The first one is one of CSUSA's new blanks, Toucan. I wasn't sure I would really like it when I bought it but after turning it I do like it. The colors are very deep, 3D and bright. The kit is a PSI PKMONT-PAR. CSUSA was giving away the black finials so I grabbed a few and it turns out they fit perfectly. They have a depression in the top for a birthstone. I haven't put anything in there yet, Topaz would be good.

20077701843_Toucan.jpg

I ordered some blanks from Jimmy Finley at Wood Pen Pro and decided to put these on Rhodium Jr. Retros. The first one is called Midnight, a black pearl. The second one is called Milky Way and is basically a black pearl blank with some violet lines in it, very subtle but nice. I didn't know Lance was making black Jr. Retros, I promise.

20077702238_BlackTie.jpg

2007770247_MilkyWay.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Gerry, all three pens look great! My favorite is the Milky Way. I'll try and stop by to say hi if it isn't too hot. Today was a great day for working in the shop.

LanceD

Nice pens Gerry. I like that toucan blank. I bought a few of them but haven't turned any of them yet. I haven't made a pen out of the midnight blank from Wood Pen Pro yet but I have turned about 30 reel seats in that color.

Rifleman1776

Your work is just fine. But the first pen, the PKM, bothers me with the sharp transition in size of top to slender upper portion of the bottom then bulging out again. Proportions just look strange to me. And, again, the sharp transition in colors from the brownish ends the green center look weird. Again, that's my view, others may like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom