Totem Pole Roller Ball Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

I went crazy and made this pen. It uses Honduran Rosewood Burl as the main body. The scallops are Maple, Paduk and Purple something or other. I found some colored guitar picks on Feebay for around $7.00 and used those in the scallops. I used small gauge electrical wire for the copper dots which was my big screw up as I found that a small drill bit will drift quite a bit in hard wood, or I just went to fast. So I had to compensate and do the best that I could with spacing more copper wire dots to were it looked semi descent because I was NOT going to start over. :mad: I think there are around 30 pieces and 16 picks to make it.
The finish is the usual 10 or so coats of CA sanded and polished through all colors and finally heavy scratch and fine scratch remover.
Any comment bad or good wanted/welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_5309.jpg
    IMG_5309.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5308.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_5312.jpg
    IMG_5312.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Oh I dont know, maybe 3 1/2 - 3 hrs pidling around in the garage and I used CA. While turning one of the guitar picks came unglued but no damage so I just glued it back on.

wiset1

You've just taken that step into a class of your own. These pens are truly a work of art and require further attention on the forum. I think this is the type of pen I would like to be working up to one day. Thank you for the inspiration!

wizard

Wow! You have really mastered the art of segmenting and this pen is no exception!! ...Definitely inspiring! Beautiful Pen! Thanks for sharing. Doc

Top Bottom