Totem Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

I was looking at a pen I made with a cross and thought it was kinda bland and ugly. Looks like eye sockets to me, so I figured what the heck, installed some eyes and a triangle for a nose. Looks sorta like an indian totem deal to me. I simply replaced the wedges in the cross with something white <box elder> and then I drilled through and installed a pencil. I chucked a pencil and turned it, well basically just gently sanded it round, then found the right drill bit and that's the eyes. The nose has to be to the left a bit because it goes all the way through and when you turn it you don't want it to blend into the one from behind. So now I decided I'd rather have the point more centered so I made a new blank only half thick, so the nose doesn't go right through and added a mouth too. I should have made the nose extra to the right because as I cut and added and cut and added, the nose slowly moved left and I'm right back where I started, but no biggy, I'm still keeping the new one like that. The new one will be an el grande, just a mouth and nose on one side. Then slapped another piece to the back to thicken it, cut in the eyes the same way, drilled it and put in tubes. I used gorilla for the el grande, so I'll not be able to turn it today and find out what it becomes. These aren't the easiest pics to take as the eyes are kinda to the side, but you get the idea.
totem002.jpg
totem001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom