Totally Tangerine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dansills

dansills

Custom closed end Tangerine Lucite - I am pretty happy with how this one turned out but man .... this lucite is some super transparent stuff!! Had to reverse paint with 4 coats, paint the tubes and still tinted the epoxy. The tubes and epoxy may have been overkill but even after 4 reverse coats the blank was still letting alot of light through. Made the custom center band and finial and reverse painted those as well. Used rhodium JR II components to finish it off. Made this one for an employee of mine for his birthday; he said he like orange. Hope this one is orange enough for him:eek:

C&C welcome and encouraged - Thanks for looking!

4aafc087.jpg

4329162b.jpg

ca5b12d0.jpg

c621a1b4.jpg

5605c72d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

"I'm BLIND!!!:eek:

JK. That looks to be a very nicely turned pen. Fit and finish look flawless, and the color scheme is way cool. I think I can see a little of the transparency you mention. That must have been tough to work with.

plano_harry

I really like the orange centerband ring. Please describe the process you used. Did you turn then drill, or drill first? You don't have a piece of tube inside the ring do you? Any attempt to polish the body and cap holes before you painted?

Thanks,
Harry

PR_Princess

I really like cb treatment you did, the final...and just the overall shape. A great looking pen.

And what a wonderful birthday present!! I bet your employee will be just tickled.....well orange! :biggrin:

Top Bottom