Took abother run at the old saw 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Hey fellas,broke out the Millers Falls and had a go.It started with a Jack Danials whiskey barrel blank.Added some purple heart and lexan for color and a Coyote to bring it together. The scallops are pretty self explaniory and give a 3-D effect.The center pattern is 8 pieces and give it a twisted ladder or sidewalk appearance spiraling up the blank.If I could animate the photos you could start on one side,rotate the barrel 2 revolutions and follow it to the other end.Q,C,C welcome.

Attachments

• DSCF3194.jpg
    DSCF3194.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF3191.jpg
    DSCF3191.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF3190.jpg
    DSCF3190.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCF3193.jpg
    DSCF3193.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 256
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Thanks Brian.The center segs came out darker than I expected,probably because of the angle.If you hold it up to a bright light though it becomes more transparent.The scallops were done with the blank layed flat while the center was done on corners with a wedge against the fence for support.

Last edited:

KenV

Gave the Miller Falls box to my daughter in a moment of weakness. She was doing trim and I was not. With a sharp saw, it is wonderful and quiet.

Nice use of a vintage piece of gear.

Charlie_W

Very cool! I like the effect the Lexan gives as it meets the JD blank at the scallops!
It sort of fades from one color to the other with the lighter wood underneath!
I am guessing this was a smokey Lexan.

Top Bottom