Too Much Orange

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is what happens when a customer allows her children to decide what kind of pens they want. While they are both very nice pens, they are just a bit loud for my tastes. The cigar is black chrome and the Baron is platinum. The pens are for an 8 year old boy and his 9 year old brother. I have to admit that I was pretty happy to see those blanks sell after they sat for a couple of years here.

Attachments

• IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMB

Well remember those huge pencils they gave you in first grade? and the big thick crayons...
My only question is what kind of 9 and 10 year olds need that expensive of a pen. Not that I wouldn't sell it to 'em...

W3DRM

Wait until they show them to their friends. You may have just started a new fad for the younger generation... :eek: :biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
My only question is what kind of 9 and 10 year olds need that expensive of a pen. Not that I wouldn't sell it to 'em...
The kind of kids that have parents whos parents spend well into the four digits a year in pens for themselves.

Like I said, not my choice of what to do with these blanks, but to each his own. I would love to see this become a new trend among the little cuties(spelled spoiled brats) around here. This isn't the first time I have made expensive pens for little kids. I have a customer that will spend $100 on a pen for her kid every time he loses it. My kids are restricted to black ti. and platinum Sierras with desert ironwood, but they have to make them themselves(with a little help).:)

hazard

Everytime the kids and I go into woodcraft they feel the need to each get an acrylic blank. Usually they are butt ugly.

I don't want to say nice pen but very good craftmanship

Chris

Grizz

Banned
Well, from experience, young kids like the big and bold colors. I don't think they are suppose to have any 'taste' in these matter until later. Maybe never?

Ligget

There is a little problem at the top of the cigar finial, the accent spacer that is meant to be on the centre band is on the finial, other than that they look fantastic!

bitshird

Although they are a bit LOUD for my taste, they do look like good and something a kid would like, you should see what my daughter had me make for her, children generally only have taste in their mouths,

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
There is a little problem at the top of the cigar finial, the accent spacer that is meant to be on the centre band is on the finial, other than that they look fantastic!
SHHHHHH.....I had a little issue:eek: with it when I was assembling it and needed to make a minor build adjustment :rolleyes: for it to look better. That was a very good catch on your part.:)

Last edited:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Although they are a bit LOUD for my taste, they do look like good and something a kid would like, you should see what my daughter had me make for her, children generally only have taste in their mouths,
I have noticed that little children like LOUD, that must be why they make certain blanks...LOL

DaveM

I made a Baron like that two years ago for Halloween. It was very bright, and a big hit. I still pull it out every year for the last couple weeks of October. (Now, Cathie usually grabs it and gives it back when I make her a red and green pen for December)

I see a lot of younger adults still liking bright colors, as well as my generation. I guess if you grew up in the neon and spandex era of the eighties, everything else seems pretty tame!

Dave

Edit: I just realized that the pen in question is still my Avatar here!

Last edited:

angelofdeath

WOW....I am still in shock about someone buying those for their kids....congrats on the sale...and great job with the pens even though they are a little loud for my taste as well, but as always thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom