Too Much Bling?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikemac

mikemac

Ash Burl Ultra cigar

I'm still on the fence with this kit... I've tried to pair it with some wood that goes with the hardware, but I'm still not sure.

ashburlultra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Switch the clip out for a gold one and it will look better in my opinion. BUT either way it is some SWEET Ash!

mikemac

Thanks for all the comments. Disappointing that I'd have to buy 2 kits just to end up with 1 kit that looks decent. (I suppose I'd end up with 2 remixed kits :redface: ) Doubt I will be building many more of these kits :neutral:

I have done the same thing that Alan did. Both both kits and switched the parts around. It looks much better.

Len Shreck

Being fairly new I dont like to make remarks on Pens but for this one I think the clip is the part of the kit that doesn't work with that piece of wood. I don't remember ever seeing one with a gold kit either so please keep that in mind... IMHO
Len

Daniel

It being nothing more than a matter of taste, I don't really care for all the extra in the fittings. I do think that there are some blanks around that would work well with it but the selection would be very limited. Even then it would have to be a very careful selection. With that idea actually being doable I can see this making a very nice looking pen. It is a matter of the material working with the fittings and not competing with them. I am thinking along the lines of some of the inlay or segmented blanks I have seen with looser flowing lines in them. that is at least a general idea of what I picture anyway.

broitblat

I've come to like the Ultra cigars, and I really like the Ash blank, but I have to agree that the blank and the hardware seem to be competing for attention.

-Barry

jmiket91

I put these kits on most of the acrylics that I do because I think it goes well with most of them. I think a copper cigar kit or a black titanium cigar kit would have looked the best, but it still looks good. The finish is great, too, and the wood is what caught my eye first, not the kit.

Rfturner

I have to agree with what everybody is saying there is just to much going on, I love the wood and I love the kit when you mix them so that they are all gold or all silver, great job overall

Top Bottom