• 163.JPG
    163.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 164.JPG
    164.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Someone was looking for some beach theme blanks, I think this one would count. Toni does some awesome work. Love looking at her blanks just can't do them justice yet.

tgsean

That looks great. Tell me is that painted on to the tube, or a paper and then cast with clear resin?

edstreet

That looks great. Tell me is that painted on to the tube, or a paper and then cast with clear resin?

Uhm no. That is polymer clay. Each image is taken from a cane with the pattern that runs clear thru the clay rod, something like 1/4 pound of clay per image. It is reduced and sliced thin, placed on the tube and baked to become pvc.

attachment.php

There is no casting on this. If you want to see her work under casting see this thread. ...

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/tonis-black-rose-euro-skunkworks-project-117225/

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Toni is doing some incredible things with her polymer clay... Gail and I have messed around with some of the more simple canes to make but these are just crazy detailed. Great job on the pen.

edstreet

Toni is doing some incredible things with her polymer clay... Gail and I have messed around with some of the more simple canes to make but these are just crazy detailed. Great job on the pen.

Agreed. One can not phantom how advanced her skills really are until you understand at how the canes are made and what goes in to making these tubes.

Toni

Came out Great!!! Its always such a pleasure seeing others making pens using my blanks!! I get such a kick out of it!!

Thank you for all the complements!!

PR_Princess

The pen looks wonderful Glen! I'm sure you wife will treasure it!

I'm with Mike... the detail that Toni puts into her blanks is just amazing. Every time I "re-look" at one of her blanks I see something that I never noticed before.

glen r

Glen, that is one great looking pen - congratulations to both you and Toni. Her work just keeps getting better and better since I first saw her blanks a number of years back. The bag is a nice touch. I too lost my "Toni" pen as soon as the Wife saw it so don't feel too bad about the loss.

Top Bottom