Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this morning. It's Toni's beautiful polymer clay Kali blank which was a lucky find at Exotic Blanks because they sell out fast. Made on a Black Titanium Navigator Fountain Pen. Turned with a skew just shy of the bushings, sanded with 400 and then 600 grit paper, followed by CA (thin) X 2 coats and CA (medium) X 6 coats. Finished with MM (wet) from 1200 to 12000 grit, followed by HUT Plastic polish and RenWax. Thank you for taking the time to look. Doc:)

Attachments

• Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator.jpg
    Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 411
  • Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator_2.jpg
    Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator_2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator_1.jpg
    Toni's Kali on Black Titanium Navigator_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

good Job Doc! Its weird though how the black titanium looks like gold, what kind of lighting are you using?

Seamus,
I use a white balance setting that is the equivalent to a flash exposure with a temperature of 5500. It yields a slightly yellow tinge on reflective surfaces. Hope that's helpful.
Regards, Doc.

seamus7227

Seamus,
I use a white balance setting that is the equivalent to a flash exposure with a temperature of 5500. It yields a slightly yellow tinge on reflective surfaces. Hope that's helpful.
Regards, Doc.

So, if you raise or lower that setting, then you picture turns out more true to the actual tones? Interesting, learned something new

LouCee

It's Toni's beautiful polymer clay Kali blank which was a lucky find at Exotic Blanks because they sell out fast.

They certainly do go fast. I checked their website one morning before leaving for work and saw one with a color combination that I knew my wife would love. I was already running late so I thought I would order it after I got to work. By the time I got to work and had a chance to check it was sold. :frown: Better luck next time I guess.

Your pen looks fantastic!

Toni

Doc that came out beautiful, I do love the black/white Kali blanks If I say so myself:biggrin: I think I almost followed everything you did to turn it:eek:

Glad to see you are still alive:rolleyes:

arw01

Toni you do make some jaw dropping blanks! Have you made "manly" designs as well?

And that is one great looking pen.

Toni

Toni you do make some jaw dropping blanks! Have you made "manly" designs as well?

Thank you, I thought the kali blanks are manly?? So far that is all that I have available the millefiori, Kali and there are some Koi fish ones coming out on exotics soon

OOPS

I have to agree with Good Turns on this one. It is a beautiful blank made even more so by the perfect kit. It is a stunning pen and I have sent links to some of my friends so they can see it as well. Excellent team effort!

wizard

Thank you, I thought the kali blanks are manly?? So far that is all that I have available the millefiori, Kali and there are some Koi fish ones coming out on exotics soon

I thought the Black and White Kali was a "manly" design too. Moreover, on a manly Black Titanium kit. If you really want to push the "manly" envelope...I heard Toni is into Dragons too....:wink:

Top Bottom