Toni's Black Roses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. Toni pretty much did all of the work....but I had fun doing the little she left for me to do. Finished with Meguair's NXT Polymer Tech Wax. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Toni's Black Roses_2.jpg
    Toni's Black Roses_2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 599
  • Toni's Black Roses_1.jpg
    Toni's Black Roses_1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Toni's Black Roses.jpg
    Toni's Black Roses.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 704

OKLAHOMAN

Great collaboration, that one is her best to date, and you picked out the right component set. It's always a good morning when we see one of your early morning works of art.

renowb

Nice kit for the blanks! Stunning pen! Great job to both of you!

TomS

Beautiful pen. It's nice that the dove's beak color matches the gold on the pen. Nice touch. Was that planned, or a lucky coincidence?

Tom

wiset1

Really reminds me of japanese tattoo art! This is an amazing job and shows what can be done when two amazing artists come together.

Awesome!

Pete275

Not too many words left to do that one justice. Once again I'm awestruck. Tony and Doc that is one amazing pen!

Wayne

its_virgil

Hey Doc, if that pen is your 'ugly pen contest' entry I can guarantee it won't win.:biggrin::biggrin: But, on the other hand, the pen is a WINNER. Toni's work, as well as yours, is exceptional. Both of you are to be commended on this collaboration. I love both your work and hers.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

gallianp

Almost as beautiful and Toni -- well done!

Well if I could type it would have said

Almost as beautiful as Toni!!

somehow the second "as" became "and" sorry for the mistake.

I guess I was worried about making a blunder not wanting to offend Toni about being a beautiful person. :eek:

wizard

Thank You !!!

I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement !! However, the brains and real talent behind this pen...is my friend TONI!! Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Beautiful pen. It's nice that the dove's beak color matches the gold on the pen. Nice touch. Was that planned, or a lucky coincidence?

Tom

Tom,
Thanks so much! No coincidence. I initially assembled this pen with a Blk Ti/Rhodium Jr. Statesman and didn't like the look. I thought the beaks and surrounding area with the gold hue would really tie in with gold accents in another component set. So I disassembled the pen and put it on 22k/Rhodium plated Jr. Statesman components. Thanks for noticing! Regards, Doc:)

wizard

I really like the monochrome blank. Is there some sepia in that as well as black/gray/white?

Robert,
I'm sorry..I just noticed your question. No, there really is no sepia in the blank. But in the photos the gold area around the beaks and the outline of the birds does give a sepia like tone to those areas of the blank.
Regards,
Doc

Gilrock

Nice pen...that's one of the sets of blanks I wanted also but were always sold out. I made a pen just like that with the Purple Rose blanks. I never photographed it because it just didn't feel like much of it was my own work. It was a xmas present for a friend at work's wife so I did it for just $20 over cost.

Top Bottom