tonights pen and hopefully tomorrow night's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I can't wait to get to tomorrow nights pen, maybe I should call in sick tomorrow? [}:)][}:)] Nope, ain't worth it. Anyway, this is the blank I made tonight, and I want to wait to let the glue really set up. Walnut and maple. With the width of the inlay, I will make this a cigar to get the proper look. It might still come out to be too large in diameter. I've only done the double dovetail a couple of times. All the sizes have this 3/32" thick inlay. I'm going to look into maybe using two different diameter router bits to get a thinner inlay. The pen is a catalpa burl that I started last night and finished tonight. I've only ever seen a couple small catalpa burls, love the color and shimmer

20055172464_tonightandtomorrow.jpg

Rich

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

J. Fred Muggs

Rich: Has Incra got you on the payroll?? If not, they oughta be giving you a commission. You're really making we want to run out and buy the Twin Linear. That's gonna make a beautiful pen!!

Doghouse

Instead of the dovetail, you may want to try an upcut bit. you can get them thinner, and just work with a box joint or double / triple / quad-box joint. Can be beautiful on boxes and also nice on pens. If it is enough layers, you will cut through the end and have the sides striped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom