Tonight"s result

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ProutyBoy

ProutyBoy

Majestic Jr. in Black Ti and Rhodium with Turquoise TruStone. Sanded 400, 800 then mm to 12000 followed by white polish abrasive. Was originally going to be the black/white marble trustone, but it cracked during the drilling :( I can salvage half of it for another project though.

Thanks for looking!

TurquoiseTruStoneMajesticJr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Take more care with your finished diameters so as there are no visable steps from body to hardware/metalwork like on the cap at the finial end on this pen.

I was the worlds worst for trying to get a pen finished and built that I also had body of pens underturned, get yourself a micrometer as this will be a big help, well it helped me anyway!

Great plating and trustone combination though, keep em coming!

Mark

Agreed. I've only recently started using calipers. I was amazed at the difference between, what my eyes see or my fingers feel and what the actual measurements were.

Rfturner

I like that turqouis trustone I have used the turqoiuse tru stone before but yous has better coloring, just watch the diameter for fit and finish

ProutyBoy

Thanks everyone. I am going to start using calipers. It wasn't until I pressed it that I discovered the discrepency. And to be honest, I think I used the wrong bushings. I had the Maj Jr and the Broadwell Nouvea Sceptre bushings in the same drawer thinking they were the same...they're not.

OKLAHOMAN

Chris, first your finish great.. You can still save the pen by taking it apart, put it back on the lathe and take it down to the proper size. While at it slim the total pen a bit and I think you'll see a big difference. Keep at it your going to do great...

Craftdiggity

Chris, first your finish great.. You can still save the pen by taking it apart, put it back on the lathe and take it down to the proper size. While at it slim the total pen a bit and I think you'll see a big difference. Keep at it your going to do great...

+1

it is a beautiful looking blank, but I think the body wants to be a little slimmer. While you're touching up the ends, I'd go ahead and slim it down a fuzz.

ProutyBoy

Any advice on taking it apart without damage? I've never disassembled one of these before and kinda scared to mess up at high $ kit.

Thanks

Jon-wx5nco

Take more care with your finished diameters so as there are no visable steps from body to hardware/metalwork like on the cap at the finial end on this pen.

I was the worlds worst for trying to get a pen finished and built that I also had body of pens underturned, get yourself a micrometer as this will be a big help, well it helped me anyway!

Great plating and trustone combination though, keep em coming!
I picked up a digital micrometer just for this purpose. Now if I could ever remember to use the darn thing.

But, back to the original subject. That is a NICE pen.

Top Bottom