Today's work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

A couple more today.

Two tone titanium fishers of men in stained glass acrylic. Both from WoodPenPro. and my first try at a one piece slim. Ti gold and a piece of crotch wood maple.

Attachments

• FOM002.jpg
    FOM002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 244
  • S011.jpg
    S011.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

WOW. I am looking into the Fishers of Men pen. I like that one very much. And the one piece is good. The middle is wider than the rest of the pen, is this right?

Rick_G

WOW. I am looking into the Fishers of Men pen. I like that one very much. And the one piece is good. The middle is wider than the rest of the pen, is this right?

Center is slightly wider. Just looked with micrometer, ends are .333 and the center is .412. For the most part I don't like a perfectly straight barrel.

Jgrden

Center is slightly wider. Just looked with micrometer, ends are .333 and the center is .412. For the most part I don't like a perfectly straight barrel.
Gotcha. I kept turning a Tradional Roller Ball with a straight barrel and I could not make that pen look attractive unitl I added a contour. Good work. I could not find that pen, but I was able to order the Fisher of Men.

Rick_G

Gotcha. I kept turning a Tradional Roller Ball with a straight barrel and I could not make that pen look attractive unitl I added a contour. Good work. I could not find that pen, but I was able to order the Fisher of Men.

The slim is a standard slim line. The only difference is the bottom brass tube is not glued in place so everything is held by the transmission in the upper tube. I'll either keep it as my daily use pen or give it to someone with the provision they know I will be checking with them to see how the wood at the nib end is holding up. I like it so if I know it will stand up I will make more like it.

Top Bottom