Todays turnings,Homebrew cactus & ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Been casting some cactus this week and had a brain storm tell me what you think. Anyone guessing what the copper slimline blank is made of I will send them one.Hint like the cactus its also found inside a plant er fruit. Also did some stright color casting

2006916233020_DSCF0030-1.jpg

Copper slimline with new casting

2006916233242_DSCF0031-1.jpg

Close up of cast

2006916233427_DSCF0032-1.jpg

Bk/tn Jr. Gents cactus

2006916233633_DSCF0033-1.jpg

Plat. Sierra Just green

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Not grapefruit and not Curtis, But can see how you might think I was as Curtis was the inventor of the cactus pen and I thank him for helping me with my castings of cactus

OKLAHOMAN

elodyb not pomegranate and harold not mango seed, hint grows on a vine, and I fell out of a tree getting this last year

DCWoodworks

The only thing that comes to mind that grows on a vine is either a grape or watermelon. Since it is a darker color, I would go for grapes. But it would be awful hard to get the insides of a grape into a pen!!

emackrell

Hm. Vines are one thing, but vines that climb trees... or grow high enough that you have to climb a tree to get at them... and we're talking about Oklahoma not the Amazon rainforest...hm.

I'll guess either gourds or peppers.

cheers Eileen [8D]

OKLAHOMAN

Eileen you got it!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife planted a gourd plant that went crazy last year and we had gourds 30 ft high in our pear tree. We dried the gords for a year thank drilled a 1 1/2 inch hole and scooped out the insides to make bird houses. I used the flesh and seeds from inside and cast as I would my cactus castings. E-mail sent for your address to send you a blank

OKLAHOMAN

Originally posted by jaywood1207
<br />I didn't realize a gourd was a fruit.
From Webster new world dictionary: any trailing or climbing plant of the family of plant that includes squash,melon,pumpkin,etc also the fruit of certain related plants, not fit for eating but often used as ornaments

alamocdc

What is a fruit? Biologically, we always defined a fruit as any reproductive plant body with internal seeds. This applys to many things that most refer to as vegetables... i.e. tomatoes, avocadoes, squash, cucumbers, etc.

Okay, you've all had your biology lesson for the day.[}:)][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom