Today's home-cast. Spicy Orange attempt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

313990_393331734060231_2090131421_n.jpg

396059_393331780726893_429338143_n.jpg

This is what I cast this morning. I horizontal cast, thinking that since it was a single color pour the old pain in the neck Pearlex settling would be mostly negated. Wrong. I also still had more bubbles than a slow Tuesday for Micheal Jackson. The were a lot smaller and fewer than the last couple, though. This resin is pretty thick when poured, and I need to get used to stirring it. I'm trying to hit the right blank for my cousin's wedding present. She's been pretty interested in the Aztec Gold numbers I've done, so I did a bunch of Aztec Gold and added some red pigment to the cups to get this color. I think I'm headed in the right direction, I just need to get even color distribution and get the bubbles gone. I'm back to thinking regular PR will likely help out significantly as it's a bit thinner and more predictable. I alsk hope to have something resembling a vacuum set up sooner or later to try and help iron this stuff out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

It looks like you've been able to capture a tube of molten lava! When you get the Pearlex mixed throughout, it will be stunning. Although I do enjoy the difference between the "hot" side of the blank and the "cool" side. I bet it is even more fascinating to look at in person.

Drstrangefart

It looks like you've been able to capture a tube of molten lava! When you get the Pearlex mixed throughout, it will be stunning. Although I do enjoy the difference between the "hot" side of the blank and the "cool" side. I bet it is even more fascinating to look at in person.

It's interesting, but I was shooting for "hot side" all the way around. I can probably get this pretty seriously amped up going vertical, if the bubbles would quit on me.

Drstrangefart

524086_393448630715208_301033421_n.jpg

There's the next attempt I made. I used less gold powder, and I backed off the MKEP, which wasn't good. The lack of MKEP bit me pretty hard. I have one curing with the right amount of MKEP, but a touch less gold powder than the first pen I posted on this. It's vertical. I didn't point the space heater at it, I bathed the resin in hot water to thin it before and during mixing, and I'm hoping this causes fewer bubbles.

Top Bottom