Today's Handywork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NoneRequired

NoneRequired

OK, I guess I'm officially hooked on this pen turning thing. Maybe it's because while it can be tedious, it's only tedious for 45 minutes to an hour at a time and you get to see the results so quickly. Whatever it is, I'm loving it.
Here's this evening's handiwork. As usual, the wife wants the black one, she'd probably try to take the green one except she knows it was made as a gift for someone else...

IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg
IMG_2516.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I like the depth of the ribbons on the green one -- it looks like it was a clear blank with white ribbons, and the inside painted green?

It's fun playing with colors of reverse painting, especially when you use the half blank pen kits and can get two pens out of one blank, and see the difference in reverse painting.

Keep up the great work!

NoneRequired

The green one was a blank out of the barrel at my local Woodcraft store. It looked to be dyed green resin with pigmented white ribbons so the blank was a clear green. I painted the tube white. This is my first pen with dyed resin where you would see the whole tube and it turned out OK. I'd probably do something different on the next one with the tube as I don't really care for the way the paint came out. I'm learning with each new pen though so I'm good with it.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Two great pens. Nice job. Penturning is relaxing for me, and in a shoet while you have something to show for your efforts. Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom